Robo Advisors have transformed the wealth management industry. From upstarts like Wealthfront, Betterment, and Personal Capital to established franchises like Vanguard and Charles Schwab, financial institutions of all sizes and reputation have created their own Robo Advisor offerings.
This FinTech School class is designed to help you work with Robo Advisors by understanding how they got started, key features of their platforms, their business models, the differences between various Robo Advisors, and how they acquire customers.
By the end of the course you will be familiar with the following:
- Key players in the industry
- Robo Advisor business models
- Differentiating features among Robo Advisors
- Customer acquisition costs and life-time value of customers for Robo Advisors
- Competitive strategy among Robo Advisors
Module 1: Advanced Strategy for Robo Advisors
- What is RoboAdvising?
- Key Players in the Industry Landscape
- Various Business Models in RoboAdvising Industry
Module 2: Premium Features Offered By Robo Advisors
- Investment Philosophies of Robo Advisors
- Key Competitive Features of Robo Advisors
- Hybrid Approaches to Robo Advising
Module 3: Advanced Business Models & Customer Acquisition
- Different Business Models
- Startup vs. Incumbents
- Customer Acquisition Costs
Module 4: Key Business Model Considerations
- Key Business Model Considerations
- Key Growth Drivers
- Key Valuation Drivers
Monte Malhotra first developed his love of finance at the age of 9 and founded Money Intelligence to solve America's retirement problem and help every American reach a secure retirement. Money Intelligence helps every company in America offer a Fortune 500 quality 401(k) plan at an affordable cost by automating all of the day-to-day work. It also helps employees invest intelligently for their retirements through its automated, robo-advising platform. Money Intelligence works with hundreds of companies for their 401(k) plans and manages over $100M in AUM.
Monte has also authored two books: The Young Investor's Guide to Real Estate Investing: 25 Secrets for Success and The Young Investor's Guide to Retiring Young. After seeing the devastation of poor personal finances on the economy through the Great Recession, he founded the non-profit, Future Investors of America, to more actively educate young professionals to make intelligent financial decisions. He has also worked professionally as an Investment Banker for Jefferies & Co. and in Corporate Finance at VMware Inc. He received his B.A. in Economics from Stanford University.