A continuation of our popular Blockchain 101 course, Blockchain Essentials will not only reinforce many of the fundamental ideas of blockchain but also dive into its real world applications. This course is great for those that are interested in switching or about to start their careers at a blockchain or Bitcoin company. We will cover case studies, market growth, and current state of blockchain technology.
- E-money / bcash - Satoshi's whitepaper
- What is Bitcoin + Blockchain?
- Storage of value
- Private key vs. public key
- Best practices
- Pegging info & data - Smart contracts & Ethereum
- Public v permissioned
- POW, POS, etc.
- Proof of work - BTC / what miners do?
- Validating transactions
- Alternative blockchains
- Application concepts
How it Is Changing Business
- Existing products, builds & services - Case studies
- Remittances (financial & personal)
- Private or open ledger? Bitcoin or blockchain? Or both?
- Financial use cases
- Other professional use cases
- Ethereum Enterprise
- Hyperledger Fabric / Tools
- R3 Corda
- Global regulatory considerations
ETH & Smart Contracts
- Why smart contracts are deemed important?
- Differences to BTC
- ICO & history
- Ideas & use cases
- The DAO and issues AKA learning curves
- Building a smart contract
- "Hello, world" case
- Dev’ing / specing / network / consensus
- Audit + bounties
- Coins vs cap & their main functions (alts)
- Challenges within exchanges & pairings
- Protocols - what makes them different?
- Store coins on an exchange?
- Growth in the market
- What is an ICO
- Why are they used
- State of ICOs
- Regulatory environment
Brett Monahan’s career in cryptocurrency started in 2013 when he bought his first Bitcoin while researching alternative electronic currencies. Shortly after, he began trading Bitcoin daily & became Head of Operations for BTCjam where he oversaw the Bitcoin peer to peer lending marketplace. His early work includes pioneering the early cryptocurrency AML / KYC systems/standards, algorithmic fraud detection systems, wallet & transaction tracing, and the creation of an algorithmic social media based credit scoring.
After leaving BTCjam he went on to consult & work for a variety of cryptocurrency based startups. He has advised a variety of clients including exchanges, hedge funds, family offices & enterprise companies.
Brett is currently Founder & CEO of Lemonaid Labs, a cryptocurrency Do-Tank.
PreviewInstructor Introduction (1:53)
StartDefining Qualities of the Blockchain (27:48)
StartHow it is Changing Business (17:10)
StartEnterprise Offerings (3:56)
StartEthereum and Smart Contracts (3:25)
StartCryptocurrency Market (25:04)
StartInitial Coin Offerings (7:00)
StartCase Study: Blockchain with Music (17:23)
StartCase Study: Remittances and Blockchain (15:50)